01-09-2018 12:28 PM
My Avery Labels, that are Product 5160 and made for Laser printers, keeps printing crooked, shifting up and to the left. It looks like it's pulling the right side up faster than the left side. But there doesn't appear to be anything stuck in the printer. What should I do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-10-2018 05:37 PM
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
I understand that the printer is not pulling the Avery Labels evenly when printing.
I'd like to help.
Do you have the same issue when printing with regular papers?
May I have the size of the Avery Label which you are using?
Please remove all the Avery Labels and perform a Printer Reset.
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Put back the Labels on the Tray and adjust the width using the Paper Guides to ensure the Labels are held in place properly.
If the issue persists, please follow the instructions in this Link
Let me know how it goes.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.
I Am An HP Employee
01-08-2020 01:30 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please let us know the issue you're facing. These steps are for regular paper also.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee