Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Other

Our organization has over a hundred different HP model printers spread throughout multiple buildings in different geographic locations. At this time we have a warehouse full of different laser/ink jet toner cartridges that have collected over time, and I’ve been directed to dispose of all them in short order.

What we need is a way to determine what models a specific toner/ink cartridge belongs to as the packaging is not all inclusive or has no information at all. If I can determine who in our organization has printers that match these cartridges they will be given over to them for use.

(I am in no way interested in recycling/reclamation information at this time.)

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am not aware of any single list or referance with all of the information you could need to complete this task.

The best way to look up this inforamtion is to search for the HP Store for specs on the cartridge itself.  Record and repeat this process for each unique cartridge that you have in stock.  Build a spreadsheet of your own to help you track and document which cartridges are for which printers.

For example:

1. Navigate to https://store.hp.com/us/en/cat/ink--toner---paper

2. Type in a cartridge number such as "CE251A"

3. Click the coresponding link that appears in the results area

4. Once you arrive at the HP Store pagefor the cartridge, Click the Specs link

5. Scroll down and look for the Compatabile Printers area

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.