Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP MFP M477 FDW
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP MFP M477 FDW  color laserjet pro printer that I had a jam on earlier today, it said it was the 'output bin - open up the rear panel'. I did that, I cleared the jam but can not clear the error message. I watched all the videos, followed all the steps, I've looked everywhere on this dang printer that I could see and cannot find anymore paper or scraps. I did the reset with the power,  nothing, the error message will not remove. What the heck is left to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

I will try and explain where to look and hope that you will understand.On the exit bin where the paper comes out of the machine on both sides is a black type of flap that moves up and down.These are the exit sensor flags for the output bin.Make sure they can move freely up and down.It can also be that there is still a small piece of  paper stuck somewhere.What i do is to push by hand a slightly thicker paper through the paper path in the direction it feeds through the machine.That will push out of the way any small piece of paper.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

I will try and explain where to look and hope that you will understand.On the exit bin where the paper comes out of the machine on both sides is a black type of flap that moves up and down.These are the exit sensor flags for the output bin.Make sure they can move freely up and down.It can also be that there is still a small piece of  paper stuck somewhere.What i do is to push by hand a slightly thicker paper through the paper path in the direction it feeds through the machine.That will push out of the way any small piece of paper.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Thank You I spent most of a rainy afternoon AGAIN poking some card stock thru the paper path Over & Over again at last the output bin jam cleared and I was able to print again, and it jammed.... but it was a normally jam that i could see and pull out thru the rear door, I did it again while crouching with a flashlight near the output bin, it came out a bit on one side so then carefully with a set of forceps i carefully began pulling it out thru the output bin and POP a tiny corner came out with the paper, I have no idea where it was hiding inside as it was not visiable from any angle of my flashlight. I've had printers in my small business since dot matrix came out and have never had quite the challenge as I did with this one. Thank you again for your sugesstions, once I knew it had to be Something stuck in there I got busy with the heavy card stock I'm just not sure why it took so long to find it.

HP Recommended

are you referring to the black flappers on top of printer.?  also how do you feed paper through it?

HP Recommended

The jam came out thru the output bin, i was using card stock thru the paperpath fom the backdoor to the output bin

HP Recommended

i guess im not sure how you fed it in.  is there some sort of tutorial on doing this or video?

HP Recommended

i didn't find one, i just tried inserting the card stock thru the paperpath the printer takes once it comes out of tray where your blank paper is. once it pokes out in the output tray a bit you can gently pull it out just like it does when it properly prints, it finally brought thru the tiny piece of paper that caused the jam yet was not visable to the eye.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.