3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Parameter is incorrect

Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to print from an M477 MFP but am getting a message that the parameter is incorrect.  I have tried connecting to it both through a network (and verified it is communicating) and local connection, and have installed the driver and HP software from the disc that came with the device.  I have tried adding and removing the device as well, as well as uninstalling the printer in the control panel.  Any assistance is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
25,270 24,894 4,482 9,620
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Parameter is incorrect

Hi,

May you have any malware protection programs installed on your computer, such as ByteFence or MalwareBytes?

If you do have nay such, try exiting it and check if you may then see any difference while trying to print

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Bluesockswalk Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Parameter is incorrect

Nothing like that, just McAfee for the antivirus, but it does work on other computers with McAfee installed (although they are different model computers)  This is a GETAC S410.

0 Kudos
Bluesockswalk Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Parameter is incorrect

Although it wasn't those, that did prompt me to dig through McAfee's access protection logs and it was being blocked by both the Anti-spyware and Common Standard Protection policies on accessing temp files. Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation