Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro M452nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am very disappointed and saddened that our school classroom printer is broken.  With only about 2,300 pages printed, it now permanently has this 59.F0 error.  And we just recently bought and installed a brand new original HP 410x toner cartridge. 

I already upgraded the Firmware, I turned the printer on and off dozens of times,  ran the HP Support Assistant troubleshooter

Anyone have any idea if it is fixable, and how much it may cost?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a DC controller update that is not in firmware. If you check this thread download the fix from my dropbox account

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Error-59-FO-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M477fdn/td-p/6885839/pa...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

59.FO error is a Transfer Alienation Failure.  If you have warranty on this printer then call it into HP for servicing.  If not then contact a local PCRepair shop and ask for a quote.  

Here is the error information from the Service Manual.

59.XX Error, Turn off then on
The product has experienced an error with one of the internal motors.
● 59.30 = Fuser motor startup error
● 59.40 = Fuser motor rotation error
● 59.70 = Black developer motor startup error
● 59.71 = Cyan developer motor startup error
● 59.72 = Magenta developer motor startup error
● 59.73 = Yellow developer motor startup error
● 59.80 = Black developer motor rotation error
● 59.81 = Cyan developer motor rotation error
● 59.82 = Magenta developer motor rotation error
● 59.83 = Yellow developer motor rotation error
● 59.90 = ITB motor start error
● 59.A0 = ITB motor rotation error
● 59.C0 = Developer motor rotation error
● 59.F0 = Transfer alienation failure

Recommended action
1. Reset the printer:
a. Turn off the power by using the power switch, and then wait at least 30 seconds.
b. Turn on the power and wait for the product to initialize.
2. If you are using a surge protector:
a. Power off the printer.
b. Remove the surge protector.
c. Plug the product directly into the wall socket and turn the product power on.
3. If the error persists, replace the appropriate motor:
Error Code Motor Description HP Part #
59.30, 59.40 Fuser Motor Assembly RM2–7348–000CN
59.70, 59.71, 59.72, 59.73, 59.80, 59.80, 59.82, 59.83 59.C0 Developing Motor Assembly RM2–7344–000CN
59.90, 59.A0, 59.FO Drum Motor Assembly RM2–7342–000CN

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

There is a DC controller update that is not in firmware. If you check this thread download the fix from my dropbox account

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Error-59-FO-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M477fdn/td-p/6885839/pa...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you 

HP Recommended

DCC Firmware update using the Dropbox link worked!

Thanks again 

HP Recommended

Thank you 

HP Recommended

I saw your dropbox file. I do not understand the first line of method 1:

Copy DCCV1_51.prn to a USB thumb drive (Front USB only support USB drive with FAT32 format).

I am assuming I have to download a file (called "DCCV1_51.prn") from somewhere, put it on a USB, and then put the USB into the printer, and download the file from the USB to the printer. I cannot figure out where to get the file from. If you could help me with this one, I would be grateful. I cannot see a link listed on the Dropbox doc...

Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.