Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro M118dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wifi -connection (wireless printing) stopped working. Tried to reinstall and everything is fine but the printer cant see any SSID on my router (see pic). Using both 2,4 and 5,0 GHz. 

HP_Anteckning 2020-05-24 174421.jpg

I have recently (last week in May) updated my Windows 10 Pro on all my computers (maybe an update bugg?). My Asus Router works fine (connected with my phone wireless and wire with my computers) and I can see my wireless networks on my phone. The router is an Asus RT-N65U. The printer used wireless up till then. 

I can install and connect the printer through ethernet and USB.  But I really want to know why the printer wont find the wireless network. Windows update that messed it up that requiers a printer update for wifi or a new windows update?

Any ideas? 🤔 Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Windows update would have no bearing on whether the printer can detect the network. Attach a network cable and then go into the embedded web server and search for the network that way. Or manually enter the ssid for the network.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replay,

Tried to manually enter the ssid (installing with USB). But it gives me this message.

HP_message118dw.jpg

The Wifi lamp (1) is blinking. Cant connect or cannot find wifi network (?). It still cant see any wifi network. 

The wifi connection with my phone works and on the phone I can also see ny neighbours SSIDs. So my router is working.
panel_HP_message118dw.jpg
Maybe its something wrong with the printers wifi? 🤔

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.