Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1102w
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Upgraded MACBook Air to OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan.  In that process, my printer disappeared.  Apple Support had to step in to get the printer back in view and printing - that was yesterday & took 1.5 hrs.  Today I tried printing and get "offline" error message.  I went through steps of unplugging printer and router 2x, but still get "offline" message.  Help please!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @mel1121,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing from your Mac OSX 10.11 machine to your Laserjet P1102w Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. On your Mac click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  2. Hold down the control key and click on the icon of your printer on the left.
  3. Click on Reset Printing System.
  4. Click on the plus button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  5. Select your printer from the list.
  6. Click in the box next to Use and select your printer from the list.
  7. Click on Add.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @mel1121,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing from your Mac OSX 10.11 machine to your Laserjet P1102w Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. On your Mac click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  2. Hold down the control key and click on the icon of your printer on the left.
  3. Click on Reset Printing System.
  4. Click on the plus button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  5. Select your printer from the list.
  6. Click in the box next to Use and select your printer from the list.
  7. Click on Add.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

DocCottle - Thanks for the help.  I did as you outlined, but the printer did not show up when I hit the "+key".  So I shut everything down, unplugged my router, restarted router, restarted printer, restarted computer and then it showed up when I hit the "+key".  Here is hoping I don't have to do this whole routine every day = YIKES!!   Thanks, again.  If you reply to this, I will give you a thumbs-up for making me not afraid to delete my printer (thinking I will never see it again).   mel1121

HP Recommended

Hey,

I'm glad that you have everything working.

More likely the issue can be resolved in the future by turning the printer off and removing the power cord from the back of the router for one minute, but you can delete and readd the printer if that fails.

If you need anything in the future please let us know.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.