Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjetpro m252dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer worked well, and all of the sudden, it no longer prints and the screen says: " network cable disconnected".

I turned off the printer, plugged it. Did the same for the modem and router. Problem not solved. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Kajosil,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to print due to this error message "network cable disconnected" on your HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like the printer is not receiving ample power to function correctly or there is a problem with the cable/port. 

• Please click here to update the printer's firmware. 

Ensure that the ethernet cable is connected to the correct port on the back of the printer.
See the section: "Product back view" in the Users Manual for more information.

• Have you tried a different port on the router? 
  • Have you tried a different ethernet cable? 
  • Check to see if the cable is damaged or kinked. 

If the issue persists, I would do a hard reset and power drain to see if that will resolve the issue.

• To eliminate other causes, unplug the USB or phone cable (fax) for testing purposes if attached,
  1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge and then release the power button.
  3. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  4. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 
  5. Try another power outlet/room.
  6. Try a different compatible power cable.

If the issue persists, I would try the NVRAM Reset. This will set the printer back to factory default settings. The network would have to be configured again. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Kajosil,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to print due to this error message "network cable disconnected" on your HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like the printer is not receiving ample power to function correctly or there is a problem with the cable/port. 

• Please click here to update the printer's firmware. 

Ensure that the ethernet cable is connected to the correct port on the back of the printer.
See the section: "Product back view" in the Users Manual for more information.

• Have you tried a different port on the router? 
  • Have you tried a different ethernet cable? 
  • Check to see if the cable is damaged or kinked. 

If the issue persists, I would do a hard reset and power drain to see if that will resolve the issue.

• To eliminate other causes, unplug the USB or phone cable (fax) for testing purposes if attached,
  1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge and then release the power button.
  3. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  4. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 
  5. Try another power outlet/room.
  6. Try a different compatible power cable.

If the issue persists, I would try the NVRAM Reset. This will set the printer back to factory default settings. The network would have to be configured again. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks. Problem solved. It still says network cable disconnected but by having it plugged directly to the wall; it fixed the issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.