05-26-2016 06:31 PM
My printer worked well, and all of the sudden, it no longer prints and the screen says: " network cable disconnected".
I turned off the printer, plugged it. Did the same for the modem and router. Problem not solved. Please help
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-27-2016 01:33 PM - edited 05-27-2016 01:45 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I understand that you're unable to print due to this error message "network cable disconnected" on your HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.
It sounds like the printer is not receiving ample power to function correctly or there is a problem with the cable/port.
- Please click here to update the printer's firmware.
Ensure that the ethernet cable is connected to the correct port on the back of the printer.
See the section: "Product back view" in the Users Manual for more information.
- Have you tried a different port on the router?
- Have you tried a different ethernet cable?
- Check to see if the cable is damaged or kinked.
If the issue persists, I would do a hard reset and power drain to see if that will resolve the issue.
- To eliminate other causes, unplug the USB or phone cable (fax) for testing purposes if attached,
- Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
- Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge and then release the power button.
- Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
- Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector).
- Try another power outlet/room.
- Try a different compatible power cable.
If the issue persists, I would try the NVRAM Reset. This will set the printer back to factory default settings. The network would have to be configured again. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.
I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck!