Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet 1018 Printer and I recently restored my computer. Before restoration the Number 6 3/4 envelopes were printing fine. Now despite changing setting after setting they always print the same.... If you stick a piece of paper in the manual feed tray they print all the way to the left side of the paper. I must have before loaded some software that changed the driver somehow.

I am using windows 7 pro 32 bit. I used Office 2003. Maybe there is a an office update that addresses this...

Thanks

HP Recommended

My HP c5580psc always gives a "paper mismatch" message when I try to print envelopes of any size whether using Microsoft Word or Hallmark Greeting Card programs.  I have tried changing the paper type from the "Properties" option on the File and Print on Microsoft Word as suggested and this did not help.

HP Recommended

I would like to confirm that the HP Photosmart Printer that i just bouyght will not print 1/2 card envelopes.  The actual size of the envelope is 5 3/4" x 8 3/4".  I Also have a HP 6500 and an HP 7900 and they both will print this envelope.

HP Recommended

I used Word to print my half card envelope, 8.75 x 5.75,  and the address printed in the middle, but at the lower half of the envelope.  Is there a way to print the address in the middle of the envelope?

HP Recommended

HP printers used to be very envelope friendly. Now, unless you're printing a #10 envelope, it is an ordeal.

Even using the 'Card Envelope' size gives a 'wrong size paper size' error. I have an HP 8250 and HP C309 photosmart printers.

You can configure a custom size envelope, measure the envelope, and enter the size information, and save it. This is tedious and should not be necessary. This works for some programs. I use Broderbund's Printshop for snazzing up my card envelopes. I like to add graphics as well as different fonts/colors for addresses. Hallmark card studio makes it even more difficult to print these envelopes.

If HP would simply add a driver to facilitate printing these card envelopes and advertise that function, that printer would fly off the shelves.

HP Recommended

MY C6180  WILL NOT FEED AND PRINT 8.75 X 5.75 ENVELOPES . HELP

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet Pro 8600  all in one printer will not print half fold greating cards.  It always give me a mismatch paper and it is not.  It is the right size envelope.  What is the problem??  I have to check on a different size..  I use Hallmark greeting\

cards.

HP Recommended

Try removing all the paper and performing a hard reset on the printer. Then try to print again with the greeting card paper and see if it gives you the same paper mismatch error. 

I would recommend that you do a hard reset on the printer. To do that, use the following steps.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.

Try that and let me know if it helps!

Best of luck,

Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

How do I print an envelope size 5.5 x 8" in my HP Photosmart C6280 printer?

HP Recommended

What version of Windows are you using?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.