Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CE847A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC defines our MFP (LaserJet M1132 MFP) as a USB-device but not as a Printer. We have downloaded and installed driver from The Official web-site, but it doesn`t work as well.

Previously, we had another Operating System (Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit). Then we didn`t have such problem, it appeared with changing our Operating System with a computer case

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Igor12345

I wanted to reach out to you and let you know I will do my absolute best to help! 

You had said that you previously had Windows 7 as your Operating System and then you switched to Windows 10. Since then, you have had an issue with the connectivity of this printer and your computer recognizing the USB is plugged in, but not that it is a printer.

Do you see the printer in the Device Manager?

Have you tried to uninstall the previous software before downloading the new software? 

Please try and use the information and steps in the After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur document. 

To find out if your HP printer is supported in Windows 10 and to see which printer drivers can be used with your printer, see, Windows 10 Compatible Printers.

Just to be sure, here is the driver that is available for your HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer.

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver: This full software solution is the same solution as the in-box CD that came with your printer. 

File name: LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe

Released: Jul 22, 2016

Updated: Jul 25, 2016

Version 5.0

Fix and enhancements

1. Added compliance with European ErP regulation.
  2. Added support for Windows 8, and Windows 10.
  3. Wireless installation improvement with auto-credential feature.

When one of the solutions resolves the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. 

Could you re-post with the detailed results of each step from the documentation. 

If this reply was helpful, please let me know  by clicking the Accept as Solution button. This will allow others who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you would like to show your appreciation and say thank you, please click the Thumbs Up.

Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thank you for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @Igor12345

I wanted to reach out to you and let you know I will do my absolute best to help! 

You had said that you previously had Windows 7 as your Operating System and then you switched to Windows 10. Since then, you have had an issue with the connectivity of this printer and your computer recognizing the USB is plugged in, but not that it is a printer.

Do you see the printer in the Device Manager?

Have you tried to uninstall the previous software before downloading the new software? 

Please try and use the information and steps in the After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur document. 

To find out if your HP printer is supported in Windows 10 and to see which printer drivers can be used with your printer, see, Windows 10 Compatible Printers.

Just to be sure, here is the driver that is available for your HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer.

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver: This full software solution is the same solution as the in-box CD that came with your printer. 

File name: LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe

Released: Jul 22, 2016

Updated: Jul 25, 2016

Version 5.0

Fix and enhancements

1. Added compliance with European ErP regulation.
  2. Added support for Windows 8, and Windows 10.
  3. Wireless installation improvement with auto-credential feature.

When one of the solutions resolves the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. 

Could you re-post with the detailed results of each step from the documentation. 

If this reply was helpful, please let me know  by clicking the Accept as Solution button. This will allow others who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you would like to show your appreciation and say thank you, please click the Thumbs Up.

Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thank you for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.