Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m452dn

Hello

Please my printer menu language changed accidentally from English to other strange language (i can`t understand it) ,

i was tried to follow menu map as county steps to do it but i can`t reach correctly to right section.

so how can i reset the language to English.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press Cancel a few times to ensure you are on the main screen.

Press the Right arrow three times (System Setup), then press OK.

Press OK and you should see a language list.

Please let me know if that help, if not also try pressing the Left arrow three times instead and then press the OK button twice, if you may be selected an RTL language...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks For your help.

when i follow that i press right arrow, i reached to "google cloud print"

when i follow that i press left arrow, it print a sample paper with fruits 😍.

So the problem still the same.

HP Recommended

At least, did we got some tasty fruits? 😉

Please see if that helps, it is for the exact same model:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-Color-LaserJet-Pro-M452DN-Arabic-to-English-on-Me...

If not, also try using the left arrow 5 times instead, as this link refers to Arabic, which the menu might be in an opposite order as an RTL language...

Ahlomi

HP Recommended

hi

Yes it was tasty. 😋

Unfortunately the problem didn`t solved, I can`t reach to menu including Arabic or English to choose it.

Is there a method to can control display language from driver or any other tool like "hp smart"?

Mohamed Fahmy

HP Recommended

Is the printer connected to your computer via the network or a USB cable?

HP Recommended

Yes 

HP Recommended

What do you mean by yes? is it connected through a USB or through the network to your computer?

HP Recommended

Sorry for this miss understanding

it connected via usb cable & the machine is available to me to try any thing you want if you need to try any thing.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Open the HP smart app and ensure your printer is selected, else click the plus sign and add it.

Click on Printer Settings and then Advanced Settings, I believe you should be able to change it from there

Open the System tab and then System Setup and select the required language.

As this is a commercial product the HP Smart may work a bit different than I aware of, however, it should be similar.

If you cannot locate any such option, unplug the USB and delete the printer from Devices and Printers.

Download and install the latest Full Feature Software below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61845/ly-149341-8/HP_LJ_Pro_M452-PCL_6_v3_Win8plus_Full...

After connecting the USB cable you should be offered with an option to change the printer language.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.