Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp m130fw
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and older

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and use below drivers:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL71135/LJM129-M134_UWWL_4-1_UWWL_4_1_Basicx64_4...

To install the printer on a Server OS, use the command line to install the driver and not the standard installation wizard.

The same steps below apply for your printer software too, be sure to add an ENTERPRISE=Yes argument as described within the Customize the installation section:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03351547

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello, I got the same problem: I can't print on a M130fw from a Win Server 2012R2 on the lan. I followed all the procedure without luck. I updated firmware too. I can ping the printer, I can access its web admin page, but I can't print to it.

I tried both drivers (PCLmS and PCLm-S), no luck.

I tried to use Print and Scan doctor, no results.

I can regularly send prints from a Win10pro.

Any tips?

HP Recommended

What happens when you try to print? Any specific error message or behavior occurs?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

No error displayed: print work correctly appears on work list window and then disappears from it, like it has been sent to the printer, but none comes out.
I am using a TCP-IP port with fixed IP, Raw, port 9100, SNMP disabled

HP Recommended

I gave up on the M1 30 and have ordered an M1 48 which according to HP’s technical people will actually allow you to install it on Windows server 2012 2016 and 2019. The price was about the same as what I paid for the 130 so why not.

HP Recommended

I got the printer to function on server 2012 however the scanner capability was not available. I have given up on the M130fw and are in the process of replacing it with an M148fsn which according to HPs technical support people will actually install on windows server 2012 2016 and 2019. Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Many of the very low end printers have no PCL interpreter built in and rely on the driver. These devices were never designed to be operated in a server environment and will cause headaches and heartaches. In my experience the minimum printer series that you should even consider in an enterprise environment is the 400 series.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I can't accept the easy way of buying another MFP: drivers for the M130fw are available for Win2012 too so why I can't print? I print a sheet/day, the printer is like new (mounted the first spare toner few months ago) and now I have to change it? No. I can't accept it. I need to find a solution. It's not for the money, but it is the principle that is wrong

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.