Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
officejet ent color x555

hi. i got error 49.38.07 on my x555 printer. i try trouble shoot but nothing happened. before that, i got error 61.00.00. after update new firmware on my printer the error change from 61.00.00 to 49.38.07. pls help me.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi @amy8509,

Firstly, try fixing the 61.00.00 error. The steps you should follow are the followng:

The print engine and formatter have lost communication with each other.

Recommended Action

1. Turn the power off then on by pressing the power button and holding it in for more than 3 seconds.
  2. Turn the power back on using power button.
  3. If the issue persists, have the customer remove the formatter board.
  4. Inspect the contacts for contamination or damage.
  5. Clean the contacts with a damp, lint free cloth. Ensure the contacts are completely dry before reins...
  6. If the contacts are found to be damaged, replace the formatter board.

For the 49.38.07 error you should check the following:

49.XX.YY Error Messages 49.XX.YY Error To continue turn off then on

Description

A firmware error occurred. Corrupted print jobs, software application issues, non-product specific p...

Recommended action

1.       Turn the product off, and then on.

2.       If the error persists, check the following:

o    The error might be caused by a network connectivity problem, such as a bad interface cable, a bad US...

o    The error might be caused by the print job, due to an invalid print driver, a problem with the softw...

o    Upgrading the product firmware might help resolve the error. See the product user guide for more inf...

When a 49 error occurs, the user sees a 49.XXXX message on the control panel (where XXXX is replaced...

49 errors most often occur when a product is asked to perform an action that the product firmware is...

·         Printing files with unsupported programming commands

·         A unique combination of user environment and user interactions with the product

·         Interfacing with a third-party solution that was not designed to work with the product

·         Specific timing, network traffic, or concurrent processing of jobs

Each of these interactions could cause the product firmware to initiate an action that the product c...

LaserJet formatter PCAs are rarely the root cause of 49 service errors. Please do not replace the fo...

I hope that helps.

Please keep me informed with any progress made,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Since I assume the 61 error no long appears it will be difficult to fix. Your issue is probably a bad formatter which will need to be replaced. I have also seen the 49 error issue caused by a bad hard disk. It was wierd as the firmware would update by still got the error. Replaced formatter and still had error. Replaced hard disk and all was good.

HP Recommended

tq for respond. may i know which one is formatter? :generic: it is the hardware which is attach to harddisk.? and if i want to change the hard disk..need something to do with new hard disk or not. or just buy a new hard disk and replace with old.

HP Recommended

tq for respond. for now, when i switch on my x555 printer it was 49.38.07 error. so i cannot fix the 61.00.00 error as u mention. ok. let me explain. my printer suddenly got an 61.00.00 error. i study from hp web and other webs for trouble shoot. firtsly, i download latest firmware from hp web and follow steps to update for my x555 printer. after complete..i reboot my printer. but, got new error which is 49.38.07. i follow again steps to format disk and download latest firmware. still got same error (49.38.07).  i try update using different firmware at different time (ojX555fw_2308209_000561) and (ojX555fw_2308214_000906). still got error 49.38.07.

HP Recommended

Sorry but I got your model number wrong. You may have to contact hp support, however, attached is a document related to the original error which you may want to try the solutions first to see if any difference.

HP Recommended

Hi

Actually, I have the same error of 61.00.02 and 61.00.00 exactly after upgrading frimware so I did all your previous

instruction but still same problem, do you think If I chnaged my harddisk it will be fixed ? But where is harddisk as my

Printer is 555dn and seems flash hard ? where I can to buy ? pls help me..IMG_7154.JPGIMG_7155.JPGIMG_7192.JPGIMG_7194.JPG

HP Recommended

I dont think that replacing the solid hard drive will resolve the issue. It's more a matter of connection between the formatter and the engine. Clean the contacts of the formatter and also check the other side as well (to where it is connected). Last thought would be to replace the whole formatter.

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

C2511-67901 will be the part number of the drive if you have the C2511A model or B5L04-67909 if you have the C2512A model. The C2511-67901 is ordable thru the hp parts store at the link below. Looking at the picture for the C2512A part it looks like the first part is what you probably need. I would take the drive you have removed and if you have a pc with a second drive or extra hd cable connect it and see if the pc sees the drive and if you can format the drive in windows. That will confirm whether the drive or the formatter is the issue. The drive sells for about 70.00 US on hp parts. The first link are instructions for drive replacement which  you know how to do but includes instructions for the firmware load which you have to do after installation.

https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/kaas/WMRyr9YreHyE7mA0uGA88RJOBOGF/c04266567?languageCode=...

The link below is to the parts store for you printer. Just use keyword drive and it will list the drive part number. A google search for that drive number gives no results so the only place you can get it from is hp parts.

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=8ABC60F277244635B7BD68903CABE79B&SearchIn=P...

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind infomration but it does not work even clean everything and check all contacts.... 

However If you have another idea will be appreciated it to hear from you and then can restart my printer to work properly, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.