Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi callmematy

I see that your PSC 1610 won't print and no menu on the display.

I am including a url for you to follow to see if you can resolve the issue with the display showing little squares then turning black and proceed across and then stops.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01369982

Any further issues please let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The power module does not appear to be the problem.  The printer turns on ok.  It just hangs up during the warm-up.  I did clean the cartridges, and then moved the cartridges to the far left.  The start cycle for the printer does not start.

It is a new printer for my computer.  The installation of the driver was successful.  The computer shows the printer ready to print.  However, there is an error message when I try to print a document.

HP Recommended

Hi callmematy

The printer turns on but wont print from the computer still.

If the printer isn't in a ready state it wont print from the computer.

Try and print a hardware self test.

1. Press Setup until Print Report appears on the display, then press OK .
  2. Press OK again. The self-test should print.
Please provide the information so I can assist you better.
Does the printer print the hardware self test?
Do you have any errors on the display or flashing lights?
What error are you getting when trying to print from the computer?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Probably I have more than 5 copies of this printer in my PC.    I  have the Windows vista 32bit and it is a pain in the neck this printer.   I downloaded the software but when installing writes softwre not found .   Also the HP print and scan doctor nevers installs.  HP never more.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.