Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a low level laptop HP x360 and windows10, bought HP laserjet P1102W wishing it works wireless.

It seem not, the wire connection works.

I have seen on the hp supported printer list that model P1102W is said to use"HP basice driver" for windows 10. There is a column about mobility which is empty. Can I undertand that this printer is not supported by indows10 wirelessly?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/docum...

Jorma Finland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jormadefinland,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I would be happy to help you use your P1102w wirelessly. I checked the document you posted and can see the P1102w does have a full feature software and driver available:

Model
Recommended driver
Additional driver options
Windows 10 Mobile support?
HP LaserJet Pro P1102
HP LaserJet Pro P1102s
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w
HP LaserJet Pro P1106
HP LaserJet Pro P1108
HP LaserJet Pro P1109
HP LaserJet Pro P1109w

You can download and install the necessary software using the following link: hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20120831-50157036.exe  (Source)

The software should guide you through the wireless setup, but if you require further assistance please let me know. If this satisfies your inquiry, please consider marking this post as solved by clicking Accepted as Solution below so others can find the answer more efficiently.

Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @jormadefinland,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I would be happy to help you use your P1102w wirelessly. I checked the document you posted and can see the P1102w does have a full feature software and driver available:

Model
Recommended driver
Additional driver options
Windows 10 Mobile support?
HP LaserJet Pro P1102
HP LaserJet Pro P1102s
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w
HP LaserJet Pro P1106
HP LaserJet Pro P1108
HP LaserJet Pro P1109
HP LaserJet Pro P1109w

You can download and install the necessary software using the following link: hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20120831-50157036.exe  (Source)

The software should guide you through the wireless setup, but if you require further assistance please let me know. If this satisfies your inquiry, please consider marking this post as solved by clicking Accepted as Solution below so others can find the answer more efficiently.

Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks, I have walked thru this installation procedure, and as it ended in "release the USB cable", nothing happens.

I notice the "Standard driver " but I also notice the tick lacking in the column "Mobile support" what ever that means.

I have tried the installation procedure several times, from CD, from USB, from Net and choosing first alternative "wireless installation", then I tried USB-installation, both advanced or recommended version. All end in the same way...the printer just blinks blue led light.

So I am  to seek what system software modules may be needed, but that is not the standard approach what HP wants to show the public. Or I carry the device back to the store, they accept this fail of their not 100 % product selection.

HP Recommended

Hi @jormadefinland,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have found a document that I trust will guide you through the necessary troubleshooting, but if you prefer you can certainly call us so that a phone support professional can assist you. Here's the document I mentioned: HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows).

If you choose to call us, what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Please let me know whether the issue is resolved and/or the outcome of your call with phone support.

Feel free to post again if there is anything else I can help you with.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Dear Sunshyn, thanks, I try the suggestion tonight, and if that does not work, I certainly liked to have a direct access to my pc or whatever you can offer to help me.

Yours Jorma

HP Recommended

The suggested install procedure worked downloading the full feature driver set, thank you.

What I did:

Actually I have two win10 HPx360 PC,s. The first one caused the no-install-wireless problem.

Then I tried my second HPx360 PC, and the installation procedure steered me fine thru, the SSID was found and this second PC printed wirelessly to HP P1102W. There was born also the wire printer driver what I removed.

Back to the first (wife's) pc: the installation did not find the SSID of my home router.  After removing/deleting the already existing wire connection of this PC to the  P1102w printer the procedure came to the point where the printer recognized the home nework router and procedure asked me to reconnect the usb cable. I did. The wireless printer printed.

I have not yet tested, if my first PC still prints...along the sedond one of my wife.

Why no password of the router was asked, only the SSID was needed. I was not asked WPA2 or password to the router.  Is this way OK? I can accept it as there also is WPS around which asks nothing.

The another point is:  why the discette accompanying the HP Printer did not include drivers or procedures similar to the procedure I downloaded referring to dear "sunshyn2005".

best

JS

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The link for the full driver does not work

HP Recommended

I have been trying to install the HP Laserjet P1102w for weeks and have been unsuccessful.  I downloaded the driver available on the hp website and it has not worked; every time I download it, it "extracts" but after that, nothing happens.  I have tried everything I have been told to do and need some help asap.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

THis seems to be a universal problem.  My P1102W worked fine with windows 10 on my last laptop but having downloaded the latest HP driver, installed it and uninstalled it several times, and run scandoctor, windows shows that the driver is present in 'Devices' but tells me it is not recognised!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.