Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every time I start my Lenovo Win7 PC,  the HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m attempts to automatically install (even when not connected by USB to my computer).  

This unwanted installation never works ("fatal error during installation") with message "-error" "wStub" "66814"

When I click "OK," the "removing software" popup stalls and then "analyzing installation error logs" commences, and clicking "cancel" doesn't help (results in "continue" or "retry").

I do not want to use HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m, so how can I prevent the automatic installation from occurring?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there @LB84105

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I would like to provide some help! I can see that your computer keeps trying to install the printer software.  I recommend going into "add or remove programs" and making sure all the printer software is uninstalled. When that is finished run the 'disk cleanup' and check all the boxes to clear the temp folder and other junk. Restart the computer and let me know if the message stops.

Thanks!

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂
Have a great day:D

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there @LB84105

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I would like to provide some help! I can see that your computer keeps trying to install the printer software.  I recommend going into "add or remove programs" and making sure all the printer software is uninstalled. When that is finished run the 'disk cleanup' and check all the boxes to clear the temp folder and other junk. Restart the computer and let me know if the message stops.

Thanks!

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂
Have a great day:D

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.