Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Having difficulty setting up the 'scan to email' functionality.

Printer Model:  HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One

I have setup the Digital Filtering within the printer's embedded Web Server.  

I have entered the appropriate information for the outgoing email profile.  Save and tested it, and received a verification email that all is fine.

I added a couple of emails to the 'address book' as well.

Now, when i go to the printer's touch pad, I

1) select APPS (which then connects to hp webserver)

2) select Scan to Email

3) Now the printer shows me an 'About Scan To Email' dialg, which i then hit OK on

4) Now the printer is prompting me to enter an email address.  It states a 4 digit pin number will be sent to that address for security purposes.  This is where it gets confusing, because i just set all of this up (or so i thought) via the embedded Web Server.  So i follow the directions

5) Im directed to enter an email address... ok i enter the same one that i entered in the EWS(which was tested and verified)

6) I then enter the 4 digit pin number that is sent to that email address.

At this point, i can load up pages and scan to email goes through the scanning process. 

IF i scan one page, i get an attachment

IF i scan more than one page, i dont.

Also, there are no other emails in the address book/store

Also note, that the maximum attachment size was configured during the outgoing email profile setup to be 999megs (which is automatically filled in if you use smtp.live.com)

I've also verified that the printer and software are on the latest firmware/software revisions.

All of this leads me to believe that the settings that i entered into the EWS were not uploaded to the settings in the printer.

Please advise

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Scan to email app and the Scan to email feature are two different features.

By going to Apps > Scan to Email you may use the app to send email through the app itself, this feature have nothing to do with the EWS configuration but only with the settings configured within the app itself.

By pressing the Scan button from the main printer screen and selecting Scan to Email, then you may scan to email using the feature configured as Outgoing Profile through the EWS interface.

You may find the exact steps listed within the How to scan directly to email (N911g and N911n models that use network connections only) section below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02921272

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

anybody?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Scan to email app and the Scan to email feature are two different features.

By going to Apps > Scan to Email you may use the app to send email through the app itself, this feature have nothing to do with the EWS configuration but only with the settings configured within the app itself.

By pressing the Scan button from the main printer screen and selecting Scan to Email, then you may scan to email using the feature configured as Outgoing Profile through the EWS interface.

You may find the exact steps listed within the How to scan directly to email (N911g and N911n models that use network connections only) section below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02921272

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks, this was exactly the issue.   Didnt expect that there would be two features onboard with the same exact name that didnt share the same configuration.

Cheers and 5 w00fs to you sir! w00f w00f w00f w00f w00f

ms daisy dog

HP Recommended

I went to the EWS server and manually configured everything including DNS and DNS alternate IP addresses..  Now all my email accounts are working when I test them in EWS.  We shall see when I try from the 8500 itself.

HP Recommended

It works from the 8500 as well.

Someone from vendor suppport could have been a bit conscientious and worked this out instead of getting free consulting.

HP Recommended

I tried with 2 separate email accounts, one from Verizon.net and one from Road Runner.  The Road Runner email account works fine but for work i need to use the Verizon.net account which does not work.  Any issues with Verizon.net accounts not working on the Scan to Email feature?

HP Recommended

I still am unable to scan and email.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.