Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Studio X70 with TC10

Hi Community & Poly Support,
We currently have Studio X50, X52 and X70's in a pure Microsoft Team Room(MTR) setup and since approx September 2023, the Teams Enrollment process requires an Intune Enrollment as well.
We found out that in order to make this work, we had to (re-?)activate the Android Device Administration Support within Intune (this is an irreversible process).

However, Microsoft has announced that they end their support for the Android Device Administrator by 08/2024  
(Microsoft Intune ending support for Android device administrator on devices with GMS in August 2024 ...)
Now my question: What will happen to X50, X52, X70, TC8 & TC10 ? Will they remain under the Android Device Management or will there be any upgrade path?

Many thanks for your Insights - Michael 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Michael-555 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

HP Poly, as a publicly traded company, cannot comment on yet unreleased software. The best option for you is to work with a Poly reseller or a Poly Sales engineer in your region to discuss future releases and roadmap around this Microsoft change.

if this fails, I suggest you contact our Support organization in your region. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Michael-555 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

HP Poly, as a publicly traded company, cannot comment on yet unreleased software. The best option for you is to work with a Poly reseller or a Poly Sales engineer in your region to discuss future releases and roadmap around this Microsoft change.

if this fails, I suggest you contact our Support organization in your region. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, many thanks for your quick reply - not exactly what I expected to hear but fair enough 😉 - I will contact my Swiss Poly Team to get more insights.

HP Recommended

I find this answer unacceptable.  Microsoft is a Poly partner in producing Teams certified devices.  Poly should work with their partner to inform customers of the impacts of changes made by either partner.  This has created a convenient situation where both parties are laying responsibility with the other, and there are no answers.

Will my devices, sold as Microsoft Teams Certified work after the date of this change? 

Poly support says that GMS is enabled so it's up to Microsoft how they deal with that.  Microsoft says they won't support devices with GMS enabled so Poly will have to deal with that. 

Microsoft says they are passing my support request to a different team to try to clarify, but that is their answer to date. 

This is literally selling a hardware device requiring a subscription where the subscription option is discontinued in 6 months. Sorry for your luck but thanks for the money.

And the suggestion that I should talk to a sales engineer?  The sale has already occurred, this is a support issue.  And support says "not my problem."

Please work with Microsoft to provide clarity for future use of these devices.  Or tell me you don't intend to maintain Microsoft Teams Certification as advertised on the HP device page, and update the page to note support is ending.  Or I guess, do like you've done and discount the price by 25% hoping to sell more before people notice.

HP Recommended

Hello @NCUser1 

as this is a community forum I, in my role as a volunteer, outlined already what I personally can state inside the medium of a community forum. I have explained to the original poster that they have the option to contact support.

You have the same option. Once we can provide a public update a volunteer or myself can share here we will do so.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I apologize to you, that portion was ill aimed.

The rest remains as a warning to all other users. 

HP/Poly has no public comment I can find, and apparently none that employee volunteers can find either.

Their actual support washes their hands. 

And Microsoft doesn't care, because Microsoft.

The terms "Partner" and "Certified" mean nothing I suppose.

HP Recommended

Here the answer from my Poly Contact:

Hi Michael

First of all no worries.

You are right:  in case you use Pro License you have to make a setting in intune as well, this is also new to me. Sorry for not knowing.

Furthermore no worries about “end their support for the Android Device Administrator by 08/2024  “ Teams is running natively on our devices. In case Microsoft is changing the process how to register against Microsoft Teams it will also be changed in the teams app that is running on our android devices. We know about the changes. There is no reason for headache.

I hope it helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.