Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Poly Studio R30

I have a R30 video conferencing device connected to a Microsoft Surface Hub 2S. I cannot seem to find a way to output 4k video - it is only outputting 1080p. I am not finding a way to update drivers or install a Polycom app.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @291403 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

You should be able to install the Poly lens Desktop app to verify the resolution the camera can support but all of this depends on the device you are using it for capabilities and the wiring.

Please see similar post >here< or >here<

The Device, the application being used and/or the wiring needs to be able to support the resolution you want.

I suggest you contact our Support organization in your region. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @291403 

just to clarify and enable other users with same or similar questions.

Using the Poly Lens Desktop app for a Mac or a PC has within the actual Device an option under Settings > On Screen Display:

SteffenBaierUK_0-1701705556826.png

Once this is enabled you can use the Self View in the Poly Lens dekstop app to display the resulition the device can use without using any other application.

Once this is active simply navigate to Control and enabel the preview and the local Image and the resolution is shown.

SteffenBaierUK_1-1701705757835.png

This can then be compared to when opening other applications and double check what solution these support.

Then  use the Poly Lens Desktop app to disable this feature.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.