Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I try to upgrade Poly Studio X50 products through using the web page interface.

selecting either the Poly Server or Micorosoft Teams Portal produced the same result.,

The upgrade appears to download and when it comes to isntalled stager I see "Authentication Failed" appeart and the device restarts.

The device has version 3.1 of the firmware and I am stuck for idea on how to upgrade this., I have tried creating a FAT 32 USB stick and addings the decompressed files from a tar file to that, but no message appear son the Poly device when I put it in.

Is there any precises instructions on how to upgrade from USB, or what that Authentcaiont error means.

I have finally tried factory reset of the device and upgrading after that via web page or usb, but to no avail.

Any pointers most welcome! Thank you!

Kind Regards

Rodney

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @ariesr ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

You have posted in an incorrect section and a volunteer has moved your post. It has been moved to a section that is more suitable for you.

From our public Video FAQ which can also be found using the search function:

Jun 03, 2021 Question: Can I provision a Poly G7500 or Studio X via USB or a local HTTP server, and what format do I need to use?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Other volunteers may reply but if you need urgent help please work with our support organization in your region. Details on how to contact us are in my signature

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your advice.

I was able to get the firmware files I needed from https://lens.poly.com/

I set the provisioned app to Poly instead of Microsoft Teams and insert the USB stick containing the firmware folders. This was picked up by the device and the versions detected.

A progress bar appeared as the files were downloaded from the USB stick to the device, the upgraded halted when it came to the authorisation check of the files. Once this failed the device quickly restarted.

I tried an upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 which is close, this also failed for the same reason.

I'm unsure of there is something I have to do to the files to pass this check.

HP Recommended

Hello @ariesr 

you either use Poly Lens and populate the Custom URL or use a local HTTP Server or a USB Stick but not both at the same time.

I am not sure what authorization you mention so a screenshot could help.

At the end of the day, if you need support, please work with our Support Team in your region.

Details on how to contact them are in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HP support provided 3 custom urls that I could use to upgrade the devices. 2 of them worked. Happy days!

Thank you for replying and your guidance.

HP Recommended

Hello @ariesr ,

welcome back to the HP Poly community.

Sharing these URL's for your specific case could help others if they run into the same issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello SteffenBaierUK

This is what I get after the update package is downloaded:
Authentication Failure.png

I have tried to update from Polycom® Support Site or from a private Web server I'd set up for that purpose. Same result.

I have tried to update to 

1. 3.14.2-378005 (from Polycom® Support Site)
  2. 3.10.0-362035 (from Poly Lens)
  3. 4.1.4-402003 (from Poly Lens)

Same result.

Current version is 3.1.1-216122

FJRFQ_0-1713207529417.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.