Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
poly studio x50

Good morning,

I am asking for help as a novice:

I have a Poly Studio X50 ver. 4.1.2.388101 and Teams provider.
How can I connect a notebook or smartphone, to share media, without starting a Teams Room and without using hdmi/usb cables in device mode? I would like to do everything in wireless mode.

thanks,
Lorenzo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LorenzoTrucco ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

You have posted in an incorrect section and a volunteer has moved your post. It has been moved to a section that is more suitable for you.

Whilst the device is in Microsoft as a Provider mode our Partner Microsoft has control over how to share wireless to the device. Something I found via an internet search as an example >here<

Other Wireless sharing options that may be displayed via the Studio X Web Interface are not applicable as Microsoft in Teams mode has full control.

The only other option is device mode which requires a USB C and HDMI connection to the device.

Other volunteers may reply but if you need urgent help please work with our support organization in your region. Details on how to contact us are in my signature

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @LorenzoTrucco ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

You have posted in an incorrect section and a volunteer has moved your post. It has been moved to a section that is more suitable for you.

Whilst the device is in Microsoft as a Provider mode our Partner Microsoft has control over how to share wireless to the device. Something I found via an internet search as an example >here<

Other Wireless sharing options that may be displayed via the Studio X Web Interface are not applicable as Microsoft in Teams mode has full control.

The only other option is device mode which requires a USB C and HDMI connection to the device.

Other volunteers may reply but if you need urgent help please work with our support organization in your region. Details on how to contact us are in my signature

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Wireless is not possible even if the Trio c60 is connected to the x50? so the provider Teams has a not good limit

HP Recommended

Hello @LorenzoTrucco ,

The Trio in this case is just a simple remote to access the Microsoft Teams UI and can be a loudspeaker and/or Microphone.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft Teams or the Studio X capabilities.

I suggest you contact a Poly reseller in your region or our Support organization in your region. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

As a novice looking to share media from your notebook or smartphone to a Poly Studio X50 system wirelessly, without starting a Teams Room and without using HDMI/USB cables, you have a few options to consider. These options typically involve using wireless presentation or screen mirroring technologies. Here's a general guide on how you might do this:

### 1. **Poly Content App:**
- **Poly offers a content app** specifically designed for wireless content sharing with their systems. You need to check if the Poly Studio X50 supports the Poly Content App or a similar application.
- **Download and Install:** Get the Poly Content App on your notebook or smartphone.
- **Connect to the Same Network:** Ensure that both your Poly Studio X50 and the device you want to share from are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- **Share Content:** Open the app on your device and follow the instructions to connect to the Poly Studio X50 and start sharing your content.

### 2. **Built-in Screen Mirroring (for Smartphones):**
- Many smartphones have built-in screen mirroring capabilities (such as Miracast for Android or AirPlay for Apple devices).
- **Enable Screen Mirroring on Poly Studio X50:** Look for settings on the Poly Studio X50 that allow it to receive mirrored content.
- **Mirror Your Screen:** On your smartphone, activate the screen mirroring feature and select the Poly Studio X50 from the list of available devices.

### 3. **Third-party Applications:**
- There are several third-party applications like Miracast (for Windows and Android) or AirServer that can be used for screen mirroring or wireless sharing.
- **Download the App:** Install the chosen app on your notebook or smartphone

HP Recommended

Hello @mec0011 

thanks for sharing the publicly available information but, this is not applicable when using Microsft Teams as a provider.

Best Regards and thanks for registering specifically to provide the data 

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I'm new to the Studio Series, so I haven't tested this out yet, but the X30 and X50, and possibly others, have a "Device Mode" where you merely connect a USB to your laptop - and you get to use the X50 as the Camera and Mic and Speakers instead of your laptop.  So, even if the X50 is setup as a Teams Room or a Zoom Room - you can do a Google Meet or GoTo Meeting from your laptop using the Room system.  

Caveat:  I'll bet you'll need the TC8 as the touchscreen.  While the Trio 8500, 8800 or C60  can be paired with the Studio Series - it's not quite as fully functional as the TC8.  I'm testing this because I have 4 Trio 8800s and I thought that I wouldn't have to buy the TC8s, but now I'm not so sure about that.  

Now - the Trio series has its own device mode - that requires the "Poly Trio USB Passthrough" windows driver be installed.  So, perhaps, maybe, you could get this to work with just the Trio.  Biggest problem is the old Poly download repositories are gone and I have no idea where they are on HP.  Poly Lens is starting to make up the slack for this - but I'm not sure this file is there - or I don't know how to find it.  

Hope this helps.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_In_DC2 ,

Welcome back to the HP Poly community.

Your post was marked as Spam and had to be manually released.

This is usually an automated process based on some content of the post or a manual process when Community rules are violated.

As stated by the original poster they do not want to use Device mode and want to use this Wireless.

Our Partner Microsoft, as shared already, has the means to do this. It does not involve the native build in Airplay or Miracast which works in Poly Provider mode.

The USB Passthrough App as discussed on the VoIP board >here< is for a Standalone Trio with a Visual+ or VisualPro connected to it. It does not have any functionality when the Trio is in Device Mode as a controller with a compatible Studio X or G7500.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Completely missed those requirements.  Yes - wireless would be on another level.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_In_DC2 

check my reply to the original poster. Wireless is not an issue as Microsoft has this in their app. Its just not the native AirPlay or Miracase we have on the device when running in Poly Provider mode.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.