Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm running the HP omen with Windows 10 with all its drivers updated.

My macro keys (P1-P10) are currently functioning as the keys directly on their right (e.g. P3 works as tab, P4 works as Caps Lock and P1 works as escape) and no matter how I configure them on the HP Omen control program, they just won't work as assigned.

Are there any fixes to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Deckay,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having an issue with the keyboard, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

How long have you had this issue?  Did the issue start before, or after upgrading to Windows 10?  In the meantime, please review the following document, to see if the issue can be resolved:

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi there. The issue always existed ever since I bought the laptop. I immediately upgraded it to windows 10 out of the box.

There was *once*  where it worked, but that was pretty short lived. 

Product number: K5C75PA#UUF

HP Recommended

Hello @Deckay,

Thank you for the quick reply!

So keyboard did work properly, when you first purchased the notebook, and then stopped shortly after.  Do you recall if that was after upgrading to Windows 10?  You may consider using the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

Once you are back to your original Operating System, check to see if you are experiencing the same issue. If so, then try performing a System Recover to put the notebook back to its factory settings.  If the keyboard does work in the original Operating System, then try upgrading to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

On another post I found the answer,
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-OMEN-Control-Software-No-Longer-Works-After-Window...

@_gp

I ended up uninstalling the omen control center and then reboot the computer. Then I downloaded the Omen control Center software for 8.1 from the hp Software and Drivers page ( http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe ). This is an updated version of the Omen control center with a few new features [macros]. Much more funcional than before.

*** Don't try to install the one that is already on the computer. Download a fresh copy.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.