Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
KBRF57711
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I lost my usb receiver for my HP Wireless Keyboard and mouse. Keyboard part#672648-003 mouse pasr# 672653-001.

How and where can I order replacement usb receiver in India?

Appreciate any help.

Regards,

Geetanjalee

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @Geetanjalee,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you have lost the receiver for your wireless keyboard and mouse, and I would be happy to help you!

Since the receiver is factory configured to your specific keyboard and mouse, I recommend contacting our technical support by clicking the link below to get the number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks :). I will check with customer support and see how it goes.
HP Recommended

Any wireless keyboard and mouse with a USB receiver should work. This is more a function of the Operating System than the actual hardware itself. Just about any modern hardware should work fine.

HP Recommended

This is completely wrong.  Wireless keyboards and mice like OP's use RF technology and they are paired with the receiver at the factory.  You can't just use any RF receiver.  That's why you don't have to pair it manually when you plug it in like you do with Bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Hi, brianhj (Student)

The info on the compatibility issue with USB receivers was helpful and I appreciate your taking the time to respond but I have yet to receive a way to purchase a new one without buying the whole package again.

HP Recommended

Factory support was . . . shal I say - non-supportive. I was passed around to different departmenst and no one was able to help.  I was passed around until I was connected to the original department I started with.  I got frustrated and gave up on the factory.

HP Recommended

No can do.

HP Recommended

Logitech uses a proprietary micro USB receiver they call a "Unifying" receiver. It can sync with any of their wireless mice or keyboards. You can also buy a replacement or spare receiver on Amazon at a reason price so you can quickly move a wireless mouse to another laptop. It will not work with any other manufacturers devices. I only plan to buy Logitech in ther future unless the other vendors change thei policies to allow easy and economical replacements for lost or broken receivers.

🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks.  It seems the best solution is to go Logitech wireless vs HP.  Since then, I have gonew with Asus computers and logitech wireless  keyboard and mouse.  

HP 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.