Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7155
Other

I make/sell prints, and when I first got this printer it was printing wonderfully. But last night I went to print 2 of my prints and they wouldn't come out right. I tried different settings, resetting the printer, using normal paper vs photo paper, different settings on the image, but nothing seemed to work. Why am I having this issue all of the sudden? All of the designs were made on an A4 canvas, so they are high quality images. I have attached photos of what printed, and the original design. I'm printing from an Ipad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen

IMG_0417.PNGIMG_9847.jpgIMG_9848.jpgIMG_0408.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@KennediK, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Report, and then evaluate the results.

1. On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setupicon.

2. Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Print Quality Diagnostic report without defects

Ensure the colors are fine on the report.

Also, to further isolate the issue, I'd like to know the following:

Are you using HP Smart or Airprint to print?

Which application are you trying to print from?

Does the text documents also have issues?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I have printed all the quality reports and they look fine, it is also brand new ink. I am using the HP Smart app from my Ipad Pro, 3rd Gen. I have tried printing from the app I used to create the print, ProCreate, and I have also tried printing from Photos. Text documents and other prints do not have an issue - just these two so far.

HP Recommended

@KennediK

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Try using the AirPrint feature and see if that makes a difference. Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KennediK

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a new hp envy 7155. I have cleaned cartridges 4 times. I can not get the blue to print!

HP Recommended

@Cheryl70,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Are you facing the same issue when you make a copy?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer? 

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.