Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2130
Android 9.0 Pie

I use app HP Print Service Plugin for printer HP Deskjet 2130 (without wifi) and mobile phone Samsung Galaxy J Plus (Android 9). I connect my printer directly to my Android device using a USB OTG (On-the-Go) cable. I am able to print pictures and documents directly from my cell. I would like to scan from my mobile phone too. Please send me Android app for scanning.

Than you for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CloudQueen,

thank you for answer. I am not able to use HP Smart App, because this app is only for wireless printers.

I have the same answer from technical support of HP as you write. There is not solution or app for scanning from Android device. I am disappointed that wired connection is not full supported for Android.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Jozefko,

Welcome to the HP Support Forum!

I did some research into the HP Deskjet 2130 and it seems this printer does not support scanning from the printer to a mobile device.

However, to scan from your mobile device to print to your printer, go to Using the HP Smart App for the steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
HP Recommended

Hi @CloudQueen,

thank you for answer. I am not able to use HP Smart App, because this app is only for wireless printers.

I have the same answer from technical support of HP as you write. There is not solution or app for scanning from Android device. I am disappointed that wired connection is not full supported for Android.

HP Recommended

Why this thread marks as solved?? There nothings ways, method or solutions for this problems??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.