Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2540 all in one printer series
Other

I am having a very difficult time trying to print online coupons off of my Android phone.  I have tried to contact HP support or at least an email with examples but I cannot find an email and when I enter in my printer it keeps buffering and buffering and buffering at least half an hour to no end.  However my main issue is that the blue light is blinking on my printer it will not recognize the HP smart app on my phone and will not recognize the printer on my phone when I tried to print online coupons.  I click on what I want to print on my phone and then my phone promised me saying that the coupon has been printed already and I lose my offer.  I just want to know why my blue light is blinking my printer has been working fine until I update it HP smart app on my phone all of a sudden it is not working and the blue light is blinking.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it but like I said my printer has been working fine until the time I downloaded the app on my phone. Hope someone can help with this dilemma.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Print network configuration page and share the results-

Press the Wireless button and the Start Copy Black button from the printer control panel at the same time.

Keep m posted!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @condimentxqueen,

I'd like to help!

The blinking blue light indicates that the printer is not connected to the network.

Please try the steps below to connect your printer to the network:-

-->On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and the Resume button together for three seconds. (When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the display stays on)  
--->On your computer or phone go to wifi and connect it to your printer 
--->Select your printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of available networks (example: DIRECT-74-HP Deskjet2600).
--->Select the Wi-Fi Direct printer signal in Wi-Fi settings 
--->If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.
--->Now open a browser and type 192.168.223.1
--->you will be able to access the printer's EWS page 
--->on the page, you will find network - click on it 
--->go to wireless and select wireless setup wizard
--->now select the network that you want your printer to connect to and type in the password 
--->the printer will have solid blue light if it's connected 
--->then connect your phone back to your network

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

No, did the steps until I came to wi-fi direct on my Android and it prompted no connectable devices found.  By the way what is a Resume button,  I assumed it's the power button.  I entered the number in the browser and the screen prompted me it was not a secure site so I did not continue the remaining steps.   However the screen showed that my printer was not connected. 

HP Recommended

please continue to secure the site, it is completely safe.

you are just entering the printer's EWS page 

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

16002926074776307446321763463008.jpg

HP Recommended

So I posted a picture of the control panel of my printer and yeah I don't have that button however I did the steps and there was a connection error but my blue light's not blinking anymore but I'm still not able to print so when I went back to that address that I entered into the browser it kept telling me there was a connection change or something like that and it wouldn't load the page so I'm done with this for today so if you have any ideas just let me know.  thanks again for your interest and time totally appreciated!!!

HP Recommended

Print network configuration page and share the results-

Press the Wireless button and the Start Copy Black button from the printer control panel at the same time.

Keep m posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.