t-birdman70
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I change my HPregistered username ?

HP Recommended
HP officejet pro

I recently changed my internet provider & before i could get my e-mail changed,I lost my e-mail account. Since that e-mail was my HP registered username, can I change my registered username to another e-mail acct.?

6 REPLIES 6
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,504
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@t-birdman70,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding assistance to change your email account. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Please let me know the complete model# of the printer and the associated operating system to assist you better.
  • Is it an instant ink account or an HP connected account for printing and scanning?
  • What email are you speaking about?

Please furnish these details for me to assist you correctly.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
t-birdman70
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I now have my new business e-mail set up.  I have an OfficeJet Pro 8620 operating on Windows Professioal 7 & I'm set up with an Instant Ink Acct. since 2-15. MY old BUSINESS E-Mail was ALSO my HP REGISTERED USERNAME & that e-mail is gone, So HP can NO LONGER communicate with me. How  can I change my HP registered username to my NEW e-mail address ?  Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@t-birdman70,

I have reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the super quick reply. You've displayed immense patience and terrific attitude to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

To answer your question you can actually change your email account to your current one if you are able to log in to your old email account. This means that you need to login to your account and go to settings and change it.

Steps:

• Login to your old HP email account.
  • Then go to settings
  • Then click on your old email account and click on edit to change the email address to the new one that you have now.

For further assistance follow the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2sHQr07  (HP Instant Ink - Changing Your Email Address or Password)

This should do the trick for you. If you cannot change it, I will send a private message asking for some information regarding your account so that I can change it from my end. Please check your HP forum private message box for a message from me.

Now you've been a valued HP customer and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you and a terrific experience to work with you. Trust me I've done all I've done to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind given the circumstances. I honestly hope things work great for you.

If this helps to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed week ahead. 

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

t-birdman70
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,   I  CANNOT log into my HP  Instant ink acct. because my REGISTERED HP username e-mail  NO longer exists. I changed ph/internet carriers 2 wks. ago & my old e-mail was cancelled.  as per your recent post, I'm going to have to rely on you to change my username e-mail on YOUR end.  [personal information removed]  Thank You for your help w/ this frustatingly hard change to my HP acct.   

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@t-birdman70,

I have made the requested changes to your email. Please don't share your email address which is confidential information in a public post. I will also send you a private message with the necessary changes that have been done. Please look for a private message from e in your forum private message box.

Please check if the changes that I have incorporated into your Instant Ink account can be accessed at your end. Break some good news that is music to your ears and mine. I will keep my fingers crossed. 🙂

Now you've been a valued HP customer and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you and a terrific experience to work with you. Trust me I've done all I've done to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind given the circumstances. I honestly hope things work great for you.

If this helps to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed week ahead.  Good Luck:)

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

nanavw
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sure hope you can help me.  I was previously registered as nanavirginnia and had asked a question in early sept to which 3 people responded.  I was very ill right after that and was unable to reply to them immediately.  I think my name was deleted because of this as I find no record.  Vwinstead@tampabay.rr.com is my em and I don’t know what to do now.  I apologize but sometimes things such as this happen.   Today I registered again as nanavw.  I shouldn’t have do. E so and need to delete that.  I’m very confused now and hope you can Please help me.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation