Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-02-2022 08:13 AM - edited 10-02-2022 08:13 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better:
- Which iOS device are you using?
- What is the current version of iOS installed on your device?
- Do you get any error messages when your try to print?
- Which application are you trying to print from?
While you respond to that, please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
If the issue persists, then please try printing using Airprint.
Print with AirPrint
- Open the app that you want to print from.
- To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon — or— or tap
- Scroll down and tap or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
- Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
- Tap Print in the upper-right corner.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-02-2022 09:23 AM
Thank you for your suggestions.
Believe it or not, I asked my wife to try and print from her phone/laptop. and after 2 attempts, she was successful in doing so. Following that, I was again able to print. IDK whether trying on another device reset everything, But victory is its own reward.
Thank you again. I have saved your recommendations, should the situation recur.
10-02-2022 12:21 PM
That's great! Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. The issue should not recur, just make sure the PC and the printer are up to date.
If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.
Have a great day ahead!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as Solution" and "Kudos, Thumbs Up" buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community