Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6524316f-b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Received a "Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer" .  But can not get it connected to my network. The blue light is not on.  It shows up as an option when I try to print.  But when I click on it, says it can not be found. 

The printer is about 5 years or more old. It used to print fine from my computer and my iPhone and iPad.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Adesovich

Welcome to HP support community.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.

Check the network configuration or print the wireless test report

To check the IP address of the printer, obtain the IP address by printing a network configuration page. Touch Setup , select Network, and then select Print Network Settings.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

Click here to download and install printer driver.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have followed your steps, but problem not solved. The wireless network test report shows as correctly installed and working.  The signal quality is excellent.  Printer settings consistent with wireless router settings. I manually entered the IP address which matches my router and my other HP printer. Printed an internal test page ok. 

I uninstalled the program and then tried to reinstall it with the original disc.  Unable to complete installation.  The troubleshooter says the computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device is not responding.

Thank you for your efforts.  If you think of anything else i could try, please let me know.

HP Recommended

@Adesovich I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the windows built-in drivers: 

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your efforts.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Officejet. Says I have successfully added my Officejet. It now shows up on my devices and printers page. I have it marked as default printer. However, it does not say “network” beneath it as my HP Envy does. 

When I tried to remotely print a test page, it printed from my Envy instead. When I try to print a random document, it is not even listed as an available printer. Only my Envy is listed. Apparently it is not on my network.

But the Wireless Network Test Report says “No problems found. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer”. 

So, I am still looking for a solution. 

HP Recommended

@Adesovich

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went to the link you sent me, selected my country, did not get a show options or a web form or phone #.  Was directed to Print and Scan doctor which I have already done several times. 

Once in the Print and Scan doctor, I chose my HP Officejet.

Said finding and fixing problems

Said device error detected

recommended updates for print spooler and driver check.  Said X for device status

Was directed to Virtual Agent

Virtual Agent directed me to 123.hp.com.

entered my model #

says downloading software

ran file

says ready to download software. But goes to my HP Envy instead.

go back to my printer is not shown

go to printer.  Go to manual setup. 

chose wireless.

entered wepkey

says printer is now connected

restarted printer and router

tried to print.  Only printer found is my HP Envy.

again selected my printer is not found.

again searched for printer.  still not found 

Thank you for your input. Is there anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

@Adesovich

Welcome back.

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions.

When I got to #3, I selected my Officejet and clicked on New Port.

Said specified port cannot be added.  Operation could not be completed. (error0x0000007b)

I then clicked on configure port.

The printer IP address was incorrect.  I entered the correct IP address and clicked on OK.

Tried to print. Again only showed my HP Envy.

Restarted my modem and printer.

Tried to print. Again only showed my HP Envy.  

Thank you for your suggestions.

HP Recommended

@Adesovich

I suggest we perform a Semi Full Reset and setup the printer again

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.