Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-03-2022 03:48 AM
I am struggling with my HP DeskJet 3720 All-in-One Printer !!
I am trying to print photos from my laptop to the printer but no luck, I have installed all drivers and even used the fixed scan doctor, again not luck
The HP Smart app on my desktop work and when I say print photo to the HP printer it does not register to print.
Can anyone please help me - my warranty expires in 3 months and I just got to use the HP without luck to print photos from Laptop to Printer
Pleas please help !!!
09-06-2022 01:51 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP DeskJet 3720 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Does a copy work fine?
- From which application are you trying to print?
- Have you tried printing from any other application or device?
- How is the printer connected to the PC?
- Do you get any error messages while printing photos?
- What is the photo paper type( Verify if the printer supports: Paper-handling specifications)
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP DeskJet 3700 Printers - Loading Paper, Envelopes, Cards
You may also refer to this document: Print photos with an HP printer
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-09-2022 03:56 AM
If your printer says you have a paper jam, there are a couple of potential culprits. First, make sure the paper is properly aligned in the paper tray. If your paper is askew even a little bit, it can quickly turn into a jam. Usually, removing the paper from the unit and lining it up better to the feeding elements will clear up the problem. Paper trays are designed to hold a specific paper capacity. For some, it could be just 100 sheets, while others can hold an entire ream. Check your printer’s user guide for the recommended paper capacity – an overstuffed paper tray can instantly flag the paper jam warning in your machine. You should also make sure the paper or media type setting on the printer menu matches your current print job. Printers include settings for many different paper types like card stock, photo paper or presentation paper. Thicker paper can cause a paper jam if the settings are off and a quick change of the paper type can resolve your paper jam message right away. Pick up rollers are the rollers that pick up the paper from the tray and feed it to the printer. These parts have also been known to cause a jams after repeated use and eventually may need to be replaced.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community