Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi!

I got a new modem from my internet provider and now I can't get my Deskjet 2540 printer to connect wirelessly to my MAC. The wireless light on the printer is continuously blinking. Can someone pleaase help me with this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@APR22

You are welcome! WPS would be the easiest way to connect the printer to a wireless network. Let's try these steps:

1.) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for 5 seconds to start WPS push mode.

2.) Press the WPS button on your router.

3.) Once the printer is connected, the wireless light on the printer will become steady.

If in case, WPS is not working, then use the steps available here and try changing a USB connected printer to wireless. 

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@APR22

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. I'd like to help.

As per the user guide available here, there are two ways we can connect the HP Deskjet 2540 to a wireless network. We can either use a temporary USB connection and transfer the wireless settings from your Mac PC to the printer or we can connect the printer using WPS(Wireless protected setup).

Do you have a printer USB cable?

What's the make and model of your wireless router?

Could you also check and let me know if your wireless router has a WPS button on it.

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for sesponding. To answer your questions, I do have a printer USB cable, my router/modem is an Arris Panoramic TG1682G and it does have a WPS button.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@APR22

You are welcome! WPS would be the easiest way to connect the printer to a wireless network. Let's try these steps:

1.) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for 5 seconds to start WPS push mode.

2.) Press the WPS button on your router.

3.) Once the printer is connected, the wireless light on the printer will become steady.

If in case, WPS is not working, then use the steps available here and try changing a USB connected printer to wireless. 

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.