Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
iOS

Cannot get the wireless setup to connect with my wireless router (bell fibe).  I have tried re-booting the printer, my iPad with the HP Smart App and the router.  I have pressed the WPS button on the router to get it to recognize the printer and no luck.  When I press the Info button, it prints out a "pin" for the printer and what am I supposed to do with that.  There is no way to enter my wireless network password.  What do I need to do to connect this printer to my wireless network?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will need your Printer USB cable to connect up wirelessly.  Download your User Guide here and follow the instructions on page 69.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/manuals

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here.  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults.  Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect.  Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer.  If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect.  You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available.  Read your User Guide for info.
* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  
* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.  
* The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.  
* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.

HP Recommended

Thank you Sabretooth04 for these options/ideas.  I am out of town this week but will try your suggestions next week when I return home.  Will keep you posted.  For info, I never received any documentation for my Bell Fibe router and Bell's website does not have much information.  I will be flying a bit blind when I go into the router's configuration utility software.

HP Recommended

Hello Sabretooth04 - thx very much for your help with getting this printer setup.  After trying everything you said, I was still unsuccessful.  So, I returned the printer to Best Buy (noticed that the price for this printer had dropped to $29.99 .... I wonder why?) and purchased the HP Envy 4520 for an additional $10.00 that has a touchscreen interface.  With the touchscreen I was able to get the printer to work with the Bell Fibe Router and am now printing over the home network.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.