Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-14-2022 07:52 AM
Since the last fews days, I can't no longer connect to HP Smart. I've tried with multiples devices (mobile & tablet under Android, windows laptop) but the result is still the same.
Below are the steps executed:
1. Launch HP Smart app
2. Enter login & password
3. There's a "continue" button displayed
4. Once clicked, it takes a few seconds trying to load my profile (I supposed), then I have an error screen appeared "Désolé, un problème est survenu" (I'm in France) inviting me to try again...
As mentioned earlier, I've been trying for many days with different devices but no success. Appreciate if someone can help me.
09-18-2022 02:43 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Smart App. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below(Windows PC):
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-19-2022 12:57 AM
Thanks for your feedbacks.
I'm able to update the firmware of my printer to the latest version (20220414). But can't manage to update the driver on my laptop, it can find tge printer with the IP adress however can't proceed with the installation next.
Anyway, I tried to reconnect with my mobile but still have the same error (ref. my initial email). Can you please let me know other suggestions ?
11-09-2022 02:20 AM
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community