Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color laserjet M254dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I just bought this printer, and have set it up just now.

For some reason, I am unable to connect my printer (or register my printer) to the eprint service. However:

- it is connected wireless to the internet

- i am able to print from within my network (via my computer, iphone and HP Smart),

- it says that HP eprint is on, BUT

- unable to connect to ‘Apps’ (service not available now)

- unable to register my printers email address to HP connected (Request failed with status code 520).

- it does not print anything when I send something to my printers email address

I am not using a proxy or business network, wireless strength is not an issue. Anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Together with HP support, we found a solution. 2 things:

- First, connect the printer via WiFi 2.4 GHz network only (either via the printer setup or router setup), not 5 Ghz

- Then, setup the router to use channel 11 for WiFi.

When using this setup, I have reset the printer to factory default, then reboot and setup and connect as it was new.

This way, everything worked out fine!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'm having very similar problem . . I can print wirelessly BUT I'm not connected to the internet.  I'm getting 'error msg - "Server Connection Error: -1?  Any help out there?

HP Recommended

Together with HP support, we found a solution. 2 things:

- First, connect the printer via WiFi 2.4 GHz network only (either via the printer setup or router setup), not 5 Ghz

- Then, setup the router to use channel 11 for WiFi.

When using this setup, I have reset the printer to factory default, then reboot and setup and connect as it was new.

This way, everything worked out fine!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.