Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi 

I am unable to turn web services on.

My printer is connected wirelessly and works fine. I have disabled the fax facility. All drivers and software are up to date.

I have checked the support menu, carried out a semi-partial reset, checked the enable/disconnect settings and ensured that web services are enabled.

I have tried using the app/e-services icon on the printer, but it says unable to connect and asks for a web proxy I don't have. Hit retry and repeat - nothing.

If I try via EWS I get unable to connect 4 times and cannot try again for 1 hour 

As an aside (it might help) I cannot access network path setup for scans or the email options for scan to email when in EWS.

That's all folks - looking forward to seeing what you think

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have also tried hooking the PC up to the router directly and I still cannot enable webservices... 

HP Recommended

@Devonboy1

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are trying to enable web services, and Update the Web Services settings with the proxy information in Windows.

Check internet proxy settings

• Search Windows for internet, and then click Internet Options.
  • In the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab.
  • If necessary, select your network, and then click Settings to view the proxy settings.
  • Example of the Internet proxy settings in Windows
  • Under Proxy server, locate and write down the values in the Address and Port fields.
  • Open the Advanced Settings (EWS) in the HP Smart app or type the printer IP address into a web browser address bar.
  • From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
  • Example of clicking Proxy Settings on the Web Services tab in the EWS
  • Enter the address and port values, and then click Apply.I am glad to assist you.

Update the printer firmware

• HP regularly releases new firmware versions with printer enhancements or issue fixes. Update firmware on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer.
  • Update from the printer control panel: Many HP printers with touchscreens or menus can connect directly to HP to find and install updates. Make sure the printer is on a network with an active Internet connection. If the printer is connected with a USB cable, use one of the other options.
  • On the printer, locate the Product Update or Check for Updates menu by pressing the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ). Or open the Setup, Service, or Settings menu, select Preferences, Printer Maintenance, or Tools, and then select Web Services, Printer Update, or LaserJet Update.

Refer to this HP support document for further assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others. 

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but my system doesn't appear to use a proxy server....so this answer doesn't help me I am afraid

HP Recommended

@Devonboy1

This might require remote access to the computer to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.