Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6020

Hi everyone and happy new year

I would like to change the ePrint owner email for my HP Envy 6020. The email address I would like to change is the one in the pic attached. 

Thank you

Francesco

Schermata 2021-01-01 alle 12.53.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@FraIbz 

There's been a change.

Your ePrint / master email (Owner name) is still listed in the HP Smart / HP Connected login.

If you need to change the owner of the HP Smart / HP Connected website and the main email address (owner),

HP Smart / HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Wait!

➡️  HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Note:  Log into your HP Account if / when you need central access to your device information, including the ability to update your personal  information (owner email address, for example).

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your reply but unfortunately it didn't help. I've already changed my HP main email address but at this website www.hpsmart.com/it/it/myprinter/ the printer owner email is still the old one and I really don't know how to change it.

HP Recommended

@FraIbz 

You are welcome.

Interesting.  Rats.

In so much that I am aware, changing the owner email in your HP Account do it - it is the only way to update the information since the account details in the HP Smart / HP Connected website no longer allow you to access your account  information.

At the least, it might require that you restart your browser.

You could try restarting the computer.

?

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yes, I:

- changed the main email address of my HP account;

- deleted browser cookies;

- restarted my computer

- restarted the printer;

- uninstalled and re-installed HP Smart app

I really need HP Support to change that email address since due to a database leak that email address is in the hands of hackers. I really need to change it.

HP Recommended

@FraIbz 

Can you confirm what happens when you log into your HP Smart / HP Connected account and tap on your user name?

Upper right corner.

What options do you see?

HP Smart / HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Thanks.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I only see "esci" that means "exit" in English

HP Recommended

@FraIbz 

OK - That is what I expected...

The only other thing I can recommend is to stop web services on the printer > wait a minute or more > restart web services.  That may kick it.

Open website:  HP Smart / HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

What else?

I cannot change this - it is your HP Account for all your interaction.

The only way it might be done outside of having HP take care of it would be to remove the printer from HP Smart / HP Connected account, get a new claim code, re-add the printer.  It's certainly possible, though in the process you might well lose your current "custom" printer email address and then have to change it slightly to use it.

I could send this off to the moderators for review.

It might take a while - we are on holiday staffing and the weekend is near.

If you cannot wait, shut off Web Services to disconnect the printer from the Internet.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately turning off Web Services didn't work but I would be grateful if HP could help me. Feel free to show this request to moderators. I don't care about the printer custom email, I only want to change to email of the owner of the printer and I don't want to lose the HP Instant Ink six free months.

Sorry if my English is not very elegant but I'm not a native speaker.

Thank you

Francesco

HP Recommended

@FraIbz 

Edits - Add Content

Thinking on what you said about Instant Ink.

All other things equal - Instant Ink is "not like the others".

I agree you don't want to jeopardize your Instant Ink subscription.

That said, if you can log into your Instant Ink account, you MIGHT be able to change the information from within the account.

??

I don't have an Instant Ink subscription so this is naught more than a guess.

What else?

No idea whether Instant Ink Support can help (or will help) - but it might be worth a try to contact them.

If it works, it will be faster than sitting about waiting.

Things that are Instant Ink 

HP Instant Ink - Main Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Need Help?

Phone contact, where available, will be posted on the main website (front page).  For example, look for the contact number in the blue ribbon just beneath the introduction section / image.

Of Interest… Be Informed!  Understand your Options and Responsibilities!

• Section Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
  • FAQ section > READ How does HP Instant Ink work? – Be sure to read all the FAQ sections.
  • The all-important Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > READ Terms of Service Contract

NOTES: 

• It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract
  • Contract:  Open the main website > Change region / flag > scroll down just past the FAQ
  • Cancellation  >> READ the Terms of Service Contract.
  • The Terms of Service contract also provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

Examples

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

Original Content

I've sent the request - we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Your English is very much better than my Italian.   Smiling.

Stay Safe.

Hang in there - we are hopefully heading into a better year for everyone.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.