Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I  connect Deskjet 2700e to mobile hotspot. I don't have WiFi. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @bischar,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To connect your Deskjet 2700e printer to a mobile hotspot without WiFi, you'll need to follow these general steps.

Turn on your mobile hotspot: On your mobile device, enable the mobile hotspot feature. This process may vary depending on your device's operating system (Android, iOS, etc.). Check your device's user manual or settings for instructions on how to set up a mobile hotspot.

Connect your printer to the mobile hotspot: Once the mobile hotspot is active, follow these steps on your printer.

a. Power on your Deskjet 2700e printer. 

b. Use the printer's control panel to navigate to the Wireless settings or Network setup menu. 

c. Look for an option to connect to a new wireless network. 

d. Your printer should detect the mobile hotspot network created by your mobile device. e. Select the mobile hotspot network and enter the hotspot's security key when prompted (usually, this is the Wi-Fi password you set for your mobile hotspot).

Wait for the connection: After entering the correct password, the printer should attempt to connect to the mobile hotspot. This process might take a few moments. Once connected, the printer will display a confirmation message or an indicator light showing the successful connection.

Test the connection: To verify that the printer is now connected to the mobile hotspot, you can print a test page or a document from your mobile device. Make sure the mobile device is also connected to the same mobile hotspot.

Please note that some mobile hotspots may have limitations on the number of devices that can be connected simultaneously, and using a printer on a mobile hotspot might consume a significant amount of data if you print large documents or high-quality images.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.