Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer
Other

I have been trying and trying to get my HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer to connect to my Wifi with no success. My Wireless Network Test Results says Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router... My Router is Pwrd ON and ALL of my other devices in the home are connected with no problems. 2 How do i check the SSIDs match? Is there something Im missing? 3 My printer is registered and I can see the printer by logging into my HP acct but I cannot set the printer up to a Network from the browser. Is there something wrong with the printer? When I press/hold the Wifi indicator for 3 sec the Wifi light then blinks but the signal bars within the display do not come on one at a time as stated in the Wireless Quick Start Guide, they instead blink in sync together Im not sure if that is significant to my problem but just thought it might help to identify the issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should see the currently configured SSID listed on the Wireless Test Report, within the Current Configuration section:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04617078

If it matches, please let me know the test results - what exact failure is shown.

If it doesn't match, reset the wireless setting by pressing and holding both the Wireless and Cancel buttons till the power light starts blinking, then follow HP Smart to reconnect the printer.

See 'Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel >> Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app' below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The Wireless Network Test Results says SSID Found- Fail.. It does list my network on the last page under the 802.11 networks discovered with a -35 signal strength and wps enabled with wpa2-psk aes/tkip encryption.  I did successfully reset by pressing the wifi and cancel buttons and going through the setup however the printer could not be found

HP Recommended

As you said it fails for SSID Found, you shoukd see the configured SSID listed later on the report, is the listed SSID is correct? Or may the old SSID is still listed, or may listed as not configured?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.