Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting an DNS/Gateway error when i try to connect to the ePrint services on my printer.  My printer is connected to the wifi at my university but its not on the same wifi network as my laptop because it cannot connect to that network. I work around this by using the ePrint service and emailing my documents to my printer, but this stopped working after my winter break. Now my printer is "offline". The wifi blue light is constant, so wifi connection isn't an issue. Why can't i send emails to my printer anymore?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zmartin

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's remove and add web services:

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch (HP ePrint), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

3. Restart the router and the printer.

Once done, from the printer control panel display, touch Setup. 2. Touch Web Services Setup . 3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.  5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also can't get my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3835 to connect to Web Services but I am attempting to connect this for the first time.

I have tried activating via embedded web server but that doesn't work either.

Printer doesn't have Ethernet ports to connect directly to router.

Resetting the router doesn't help and the firmware is up to date.

Also, not using proxy settings on my internet connection.

Please help as I would like to use all the wireless printing features available.

HP Recommended

@MarsMan33

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do you get the same error?

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try to turn on Web Services: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05329102

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05337026

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.