Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received an email from HPConnect welcoming me with my new Officejet 5255 and offering a demo ePrint.  Just click on the "demo ePrint" button in the email to print something on my printer.  Nothing printed.  I did get a message asking if I meant to switch APPs, and there was a line telling me to copy the email they assigned to my printer into my email manually and try that but it simply sent me an email but printed nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FONDAFRED,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Have you tried to create an HP connected account.

I would suggest you try to follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Printers - Printing with HP ePrint

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FONDAFRED,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Have you tried to create an HP connected account.

I would suggest you try to follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Printers - Printing with HP ePrint

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the posted instructions and got the print entitled "Get the Most out of Your Printer"  Then I was able to print a picture from my iphone 6s so that was great.  There was a delay before the picture printed, but it worked.  There is a 16 digit printer code that was included on the initial print out and I don't know what that is for. 

HP Recommended

@FONDAFRED,

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to go ahead and setup the ePrint again.

Follow the link from the previous post and let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions from HP at the link you suggested and it works well now.

HP Recommended

@FONDAFRED

That's great! Happy to hear that. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.