Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2540
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello!

I recently switched internet providers and got a new router. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to connect it to the wifi but nothing seems to be working! The blue light is constantly blinking and I don't know what it means. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ama13,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

As I understand you trying to connect the printer to your new network and it is not working.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer.

As you mentioned that the wireless light is blinking repeatedly it could be for the following reasons:

• A Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) of the printer to the wireless network failed.
  • The printer can not find a compatible WPS wireless router to connect to.
  • There is more than one router or access point on the network.
  • NOTE: HP recommends only one router or access point for the printer's wireless setup.

Follow these solutions in the order presented to try connecting the printer to the wireless network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), or connect to the network by installing the software.

Solution one: Turn off, and then turn on wireless to clear the error.

• On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button (). The blue Wireless light turns off.

• On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button (). The blue Wireless light turns on.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.

Solution two: Connect to the network by installing the printer software.

You can connect the printer to the wireless network during a full feature HP printer software installation. Follow these steps to install the software.

• Uninstall the printer software from your Mac pc and then install the latest software from here.
  • The follow the instruction from this article to install and setup the wireless printer.

To know more about the blinking light pattern and error click here.

Keep me posted with the outcome.

Have a great day! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.