bandaroi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envy 4520 Printer Problem communicating with Chromebook

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Chrome OS

I just got the HP Envy 4520 printer and connected it to my Chromebook with no problems. Yesterday I was able to print and scan using this printer but today it will not print. When I go to print the page the destination keeps loading and then a notification pops up saying that the computer is having problems communicating with the printer. I have tried printing the document as a PDF, Word and Google Doc file. I have also emailed it to myself to print from my phone but I am given another error saying the printer is unavailable. I have unplugged and plugged back in the printer, updated and restarted my laptop and checked all connections. Just by looking at the printer it seems fine and is connected wirelessly with no issues. I really like this printer so any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,395 14,378 748 597
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bandaroi

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try connecting your printer and computer through this method: https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation