Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since I bought this printer I have many problems with the WiFi connection. I have several Wifi repeaters on the house where computers, another Epson printer, tablets, mobiles, consoles or smart TV are connected without problems but the printer often loses the connection for days and it is completely impossible for me to connect it. I have made complete shutdowns (Wifi repeaters too), reset the Wi-Fi configuration of the printer or connect it to other repeaters but almost always I end up printing with an old and long USB cable. The repeaters are TP-LINK and have not given me problems with the rest of the connections. I bought it a year ago and I have only been able to print via Wi-Fi on a few occasions.

I also receive warnings by email to connect to the network or the HP intant Ink will stop working...

Is there any solution? Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HccSoft

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the status of the Wireless light on the printer? Is the light flashing or Solid?
  • The WiFi network that you have is that a dual-band network having both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks?
  • Do you get any error while trying to connect the printer to WiFi?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Step 1: Test the WiFi functionality of the printer

• On the printer control panel, swipe the screen from right to left
  • Touch the set up icon.
  • Select Network Set Up/Wireless Set Up
  • Go to Print Reports
  • Select Wireless Test Reports
  • Check the report. Check the "Wireless Working" section.
  • If the Wireless feature is working correctly, it shows "PASS" else it shows as "FAIL"

Step 2: Run the Wireless Set-Up Wizard

• Touch the set up icon.
  • Select Wireless Set Up Wizard
  • Select your network name and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the WiFi set up.
  • Check the Wireless light status on the printer.
  • If successfully connected, the wireless light would stay solid.

To change the IP configuration from Auto to Manual, please follow these steps:

• Touch the set up icon.
  • Go to Advanced Settings
  • Select IP settings and select Manual IP
  • Enter the IP address, default gateway and DNS settings obtained from the Wireless Test Report

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.