Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I have a HP Envy 5540, It used to be connected fine to my laptop but recently its been saying printer offline. Or scan to computer unavailable.

Here is what I have done so far

Uninstalled Everything that is related to the printer, restarted Laptop (windows 10 64bit) as per instructions :-

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Restored network settings and reconnected to wifi.

Attempted to reinstall Printer and connect wirelessly - keep recieving Unable to find printer, even after inputting local IP address or Hostname. It states PC Network name SSID - unable to retrieve (in bold)

I can send things to be printed from my apple phone, I can ping the printer via the laptop i want to connect it too.

I found these steps in a page on here, I get to step 4 the URL for Embedded Web Server, no matter which browser I use I get unable to connect (like a webpage is offline), I am now out of all ideas can anyone help please.

1. Print a Network Configuration Report or Wireless Test Report from your printer.

• If your printer has a control panel with a display, print the report from the network settings or network setup menu.

• If your printer does not have a display, print the report using the buttons on the printer control panel. For many HP printers, this is done by pressing and holding the cancel button or a combination of buttons on the control panel until a report prints. For more information on how to print a report for your printer model, see the User Guide or search the HP website for network configuration report and the model of your HP printer.

2. On the report printout, look at the network status for your network connection type (wired or wireless.)

Figure : Example of a correctly connected wireless network status

• If status is connected, continue with these steps.

• If status is anything other than connected, such as Off or Disabled, then the printer is disconnected from your network. This is the reason your printer is offline. You must connect the printer to your network before you continue. For more help on how to set up a connection to your network, see the User Guide, search the HP website for your printer model and wireless or wired network install, or use the wireless setup wizard from the control panel of your printer if available.

3. On the report, find the IP Addresssubnet mask, and Default Gateway for your active (connected) network connection type. If your report has separate numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, then use the numbers listed in the IPv4 section.

4. From a computer connected to your network, find the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server (EWS) on the report and enter the URL into your Internet browser. If the webpage appears blank, use a different Internet browser.

Figure : Example of the URL for the EWS

5. Click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.

6. Click Manual IP.

• If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.

• If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Figure : Example of setting up a Manual IP configuration

7. Write these new numbers on a piece of paper. You might need to use them later when adding a second printer device.

8. Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mercyxx76xx

Welcome to HP support community.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.