Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
INK ADVANTAGE 6476
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WHEN I TRY TO SCAN, THE SYSTEM SENDS ME TO HP PAGE IN ORDER TO LIGIN. HOWEVER, ALL THAT I GET IS A ERROR MESSAGE:

(Error Code: UA_400_EB000U0100). I´m not able to conect using my PC or using the cell phone app. It works just in my surface.....any help please....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @JRPBR,

I'd be happy to assist you!

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

In these 8 steps, you definitely able to resolve this Error Code UA_400_EB000U0100 in your HP printer Smart App.

• I hope your HP smart is having problem. Kindly Uninstall it and reinstall again in your IOS App Store. After reinstall try to login from your HP Smart print App.
  • kindly use the full-featured driver App from the HP Support site to print or scan from your Win computers, on an iOS/macOS device, you may use AirPrint.
  • Let’s try and uninstall the HP printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features & Select your HP printer and Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the “Windows Key + R” key combo, Type printui.exe /s and click OK and Click on the Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom and Select OK. Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers and And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page.
HP Recommended

HI....thank You for trying to .....but no....still not working.....Any other possibility ? Thank You again

HP Recommended

Install HP Smart from the app store and add the printer to the smart app and try printing.

you may refer-HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay......I have done that before....printing is ok.... The problem is when I need to scan because I have to login at HP page and all the time I have tried the message error is shown....tks again

HP Recommended

Were you able to install HP Smart on your computer?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

This did not work for me.

HP Recommended

To assist better -

1. Were you successful in installing the HP full-featured drivers on your computer?
  2. Did you receive any error messages when installing HP smart on your computer?
  3. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?
  4. Is your printer connected to your home or public network?
  5. I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Jay,

1> I was not able to successfully install the HP full featured driver. To successfully get my printer to work, I had to install the Windows driver. 

2> There were no error message while installing the HP Smart app on my Win10 computer (all latest patches).

3> Wireless light is steady (no indications of error).

4> The printer is connect to my Netgear Nighthawk mesh network (home wireless network).

5> It is currently set to optimize the connection, using what is best for the device, in this case 5GHz.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Thanks,

dan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.