Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwarfstar
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Factory Reset of Control Panel Lock username and password for the HP Deskjet 2652 All-In-One

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was a dope and played with setting the Administrator Password. Now I can not get it unlocked.  How do I go about doing a factory reset of my HP Deskjet 2652 All-in-One Printer.  After this I told my wife if I play with things like this then cut my fingers off. LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,667 428 607
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dwarfstar,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP DeskJet 2652 All-in-One Printer wherein the Admin password is locked.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps to restore the network settings to default settings :

Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button (X) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

You may also check the link for wireless setup from the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,667 428 607
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dwarfstar,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP DeskJet 2652 All-in-One Printer wherein the Admin password is locked.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps to restore the network settings to default settings :

Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button (X) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

You may also check the link for wireless setup from the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

newprint
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the option does not resolve the issue. if i am trying to register the device in a new computer it says that the server "servername" is aking for your user name and password

sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,972 27,816 1,519 1,609
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@newprint

Welcome to HP support community.

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation