cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BearBattle
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP DeskJet 2622 Connect to WPA2-Enterprise with PEAP?

HP Recommended
DeskJet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I bought a new HP DeskJet 2622 printer. When I was trying to make it connect to the WLAN of my institute, I found that my school provides a WLAN with WPA2-Enterprise along with PEAP -- which means I have to not only password but also my username to identify myself. I didn't find ANY topics on this, What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,458 90,335 11,616 24,906
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BearBattle 

Normally you can't connect your wireless printer to an organization such as University, Dorm ..... Please check with your Network Adimin in your organization.

And one other thing: it only supports WEP and WPA, not WPA2

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,270 30,984 5,341 12,431
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

To clarify, the printer does support WPA2, WPA1, and WEP-64 authentication.

WPA-Enterprise is not supported by consumer products, you cannot connect the printer to a network protected with Enterprise-level Security:

https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en/wireless-printing/setup-and-security

Regardless of the current security which does not allow connecting the printer, be aware that by connecting the printer to a shared network, any computer connected to this network can print to your printer and you cannot control or block this in any way, I would say that a USB connection would be better recommended for such environment.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation