Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-24-2016 01:14 AM - edited 02-24-2016 01:15 AM
Please check that you have the most up to date drivers here. Are there any errors when you try to connect?
Can you see the printer in teh preferences tab under printers and scanners?
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
04-14-2017 12:26 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I understand you are having trouble connecting your MAC Sierra to the Officejet 8710 printer. First, make sure the printer is connected to the network. Just check the blue wireless light on the printer. If the wireless light is blinking, then you need to connect the printer to the network first.
You can follow the instructions here to setup the printer to the network: http://hp.care/2ofxMRZ
Could you help me with the Operating system installed on the PC? Is it Mac OS X 10.12 or earlier
If the wireless light is solid blue, then the printer is connected to the network. Now follow the steps below and check:
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)
If the printer is connected to the same network as the computer, it should ideally show up on the list while you were trying to add the printer.
You mentioned that you have the printer IP address. Open "Safari" and enter the IP address on the address bar and press enter. Are you getting the printer EWS page?
If Safari displays the printer EWS page, then the printer is connected to the same network as the computer. If not, try reconnecting the printer again.
Let me know if those steps worked for you.
If they did, that’s awesome!
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
01-10-2020 07:06 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP