Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey so I have a HP Omen 17 gaming laptop (2017 edition) and Ive noticed that whenever I start up the pc, I open the task managers and in performance I see that my CPU Core 0 is being utilized 100%, like its all blue. All my other cores work normally, I have 8 cores in total my CPU is an i7 7700HQ. Ive searched long and hard on the internet for a solution but nothing worked, I found a person who had a similar problem to mine and he fixed his by switching a diagnostic pin next to his HDD Caddy. I opened up my laptop but it doesnt have a HDD Caddy so I dont know why this is happening to my PC. In task manager the program using the most CPU is "System" and inside it is a program called "ntoskrnl.exe". Another weird thing is that if I restart my PC on the spot, then the Core 0 goes back to normal just like the other cores but when I shut down my pc and start it up again, then it goes back to using it again at a 100%. If anyone can guide me with this, my main issue is, if core 0 being used at a 100% is gonna cause problems with gaming on my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JonahAbel Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP Omen 17 Core 0 usage at 100% in task manager.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

First, you have to scan your computer for malware.

Then perform the extensive system test to confirm the hardware functionality is working or not.

If the test is passed, please perform the below steps.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. Please refer to the following link.

If the issue still persists, please create the new user and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.